Preparing items to grab quickly for your delivery stay is a great way to ensure you’ll have the things you need while giving birth. Readiness will also reduce anxiety and stress, giving you freedom to focus on the arrival of your new baby. So how do you determine what to pack in your hospital bag? Well, your friends at Aeroflow Breastpumps have put together a checklist to help get your wheels turning.
First consider one bag designed to consolidate and organize the items you’ll need such as a breast pump bag. These bags can hold purse essentials, breastmilk as well as a breast pump, and there’s even room for a laptop!
Hospital Bag Checklist
- Insurance information, hospital documents, and any written specifics for delivery
- A few pairs of warm socks with rubbers grips on the soles to prevent slipping
- Compression garments like compression socks and postpartum girdles
- A bathrobe
- Chap stick or lip balm
- Toiletries such as: hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, facial cleanser, shampoo and conditioner, moisturizer, etc.
- Pony tail holder
- Pen and paper
- Vending machine change and non-perishable snacks
- Cell phone charger with important numbers added to your contact list
- Camera and film if necessary or memory card
- Don’t forget to pack a change of clothes for your partner as well
- A comfy pillow
- A change of clothes for you to wear when you depart
- Bath towel
- Blow dryer
- Heavy flow sanitary pads
- A few pairs of maternity underwear
- A cozy night gown
- Breast pump
- Magazines to read
- Your favorite playlist
- An approved car seat for your baby securely placed in your vehicle
- A coming-home outfit for your baby
- Warm baby blankets
These are just some items to get you thinking about what you’ll need to be adequately prepared for the big day. Feel free to customize the list to suit your unique needs for packing a hospital bag. You can always check with your birthing facility to see if certain items will be available and alter your list accordingly. It is also a good idea to purchase travel size toiletries so you’ll have more room in your hospital bag and reduce worry regarding items possibly being left behind. We hope this list gets you pointed in the right direction and provides you with some added peace of mind. Enjoy!
Information provided in blogs should not be used as a substitute for medical care or consultation.