There are so many great benefits for baby from breastfeeding, but what about for mom? There are also many great reasons for mommies to breastfeed.
Benefits of breastfeeding for new mothers
- Breastfeeding saves money! We know there are several reasons why new mothers can’t breastfeed which means they have to use formula but if you can help it, breastfeeding eliminates spending that extra money on baby formula.
- Mother baby bonding is a huge benefit of breastfeeding your child. Spending that time with your little one helps foster the growth of a relationship that will continue to cultivate over time.
- The release of the love hormone Oxycotin
- Did you know that breastfeeding is known to reduce the risk of many cancers including breast, ovarian, and uterine cancers? It’s true! It’s even known to reduce osteoporosis.
- Breastfeeding can promote weight loss. While we aren’t saying don’t exercise, breastfeeding sure beats the cumbersome job of getting to the gym, right?
- Another health benefit to breastfeeding for mommy is that it helps support your emotional health. Studies illustrate that mothers who breastfeed have less anxiety and suffer less from depression.
Health benefits for mom
- Women who breastfeed reduce their risk of developing breast cancer by as much as 25 percent. The reduction in cancer risk comes in proportion to the cumulative lifetime duration of breastfeeding. That is, the more months or years a mother breastfeeds, the lower her risk of breast cancer.
- One of the reasons for the cancer-fighting effects of breastfeeding is that estrogen levels are lower during lactation. It is thought that the less estrogen available to stimulate the lining of the uterus and perhaps breast tissue also, the less the risk of these tissues becoming cancerous.
Consider a breast pump
If you’re ready to start reaping the benefits of breastfeeding, you might also want to consider obtaining a breast pump. Under the Affordable Care Act, most health insurance plans cover the cost of breastfeeding supplies and equipment, breast pumps included. Aeroflow Breastpumps can quickly and easily help you find out if your policy covers a pump.
Simply complete our 3-step Qualify Through Insurance form and let our Breastpump Specialists take care of the rest. Your dedicated Specialist will contact you within 3-5 business days to discuss your coverage, pump options, and shipment date. If you would like to shop for supplies not covered by insurance but provided at a competitive rate, check out our online store.
Let Aeroflow Breastpumps help you start your healthy breastfeeding journey today!
Information provided in blogs should not be used as a substitute for medical care or consultation.